© 2018 Portland Township 


    Fee and Escrow Information
    Fee and Escrow Resolution
    New Construction Process

    For most new construction projects, you will need a

    Zoning Permit from Portland Township.  Click on

    zoning compliance application on left side of page. 

    Contact the Zoning Administrator.


    Jeanne Vandersloot



    PO Box 294

    Lowell MI 49331-0294


    Next step is obtaining a Building Permit from

    Ionia County Building Dept.  Call the County at

    616-527-5374 or email to:  building@ioniacounty.org 


    Note - Interior remodeling does not require a Township

    Zoning Permit, only a Building Permit from the County.